On June 11, Babeuh and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary! Since our anniversaries in the past have been so so, Isaac decided to take this one upon himself . He planned a 3 day 2 night trip with NO Charlee and NO Buggie! (BIG Thanks to Nana, Grandpop, Aunties Kwit and Sarah, and Calista and Travis!!) To top it off, I didn't know a single detail until we hit the road!
Part I - Venice Beach
Babeuh told me to pick any beach from Long Beach, to Santa Monica. We both said Venice at the same time :) We walked the strip of shops along the beach (I bought a wicked cute dress), enjoyed some DE-licious lunch at Danny's Cafe, soaked up some sun and took a nice nap on the beach :) SO relaxing!
Babeuh told me to pick any beach from Long Beach, to Santa Monica. We both said Venice at the same time :) We walked the strip of shops along the beach (I bought a wicked cute dress), enjoyed some DE-licious lunch at Danny's Cafe, soaked up some sun and took a nice nap on the beach :) SO relaxing!
This Russian Hat puts your other one to shame!
Our fab lunch at Danny's Cafe
Part II - Los Angeles
We checked in to our hotel and got ready for dinner on Sunset Strip. We ate at an interesting place, Bordeaux's. Food was awesome, they played romantic music and even had a little dance floor. Since we were the only ones there at the time, we took a second to enjoy our first dance again :) The next day, we walked around Hollywood Blvd and Highland. We had breakfast at Mel's Diner, saw the Chinese Theatre, the Wax Museum and the Guinness World Records Museum. We met a few friends along the way....:)
We checked in to our hotel and got ready for dinner on Sunset Strip. We ate at an interesting place, Bordeaux's. Food was awesome, they played romantic music and even had a little dance floor. Since we were the only ones there at the time, we took a second to enjoy our first dance again :) The next day, we walked around Hollywood Blvd and Highland. We had breakfast at Mel's Diner, saw the Chinese Theatre, the Wax Museum and the Guinness World Records Museum. We met a few friends along the way....:)
Getting Ready for dinner at Bordeaux's
Friday night, Isaac and I tried to make reservations at the Beverly Hills Ruth's Chris for dinner, but it didn't work out. Thankfully my Dad found this steakhouse right around the corner from our hotel. I called, made our reservation and told the guy we were celebrating our 4th anniversary. We show up, the valet OPENS my door, opens Isaac's door, and gently parks our baby (car.) We were seated right away at a beautiful table along the wall. Our server was awesome and attended our every need! Our water glasses NEVER got below 3/4 way full. (We even tested them.....haha) Our food was amazing. We had a Ribeye with a Baked and Mashed potatoes and Cream Spinach. For dessert, we had homemade cheesecake. When the server dropped our tab, he informed us that the dessert had been taken off and wished us a Happy Anniversary! (We hadn't mentioned it since the reservation!) This experience was truly memorable to us because so far, yeah we had fun, but the food in LA was ehh, the parking there was terrible, the roads are awful, and the people weren't so great. We were starting to wonder if we were ever going to get service in this town. We left Taylor's grinning from ear to ear!
So Friday Night after our amazing dinner, we decided we wanted to keep up this smiling from ear to ear thing. We had one last day to make an amazing weekend! We decided together that we needed some thrill, why not Disneyland? The happiest place on earth! What could go wrong at Disneyland??? Thankfully we were right!
At the ticket booth, we told the lady it was our anniversary. She said Congratulations and gave us both Happy Anniversary Pins to wear around the park! We saw the UP house as we entered the park.
First, we went straight to a Disney Store and bought Bride and Groom Mickey and Minnie hats! (Yeah I got my husband to wear it ALL DAY! lol) First Ride, Finding Nemo Submarines!
The Babeuh's in line for Space Mountain! Wait was only an hour long, we played "I Spy" to make the time pass :)

The Mattahorn. We were in line, we had about 50 more feet to go. The attendent asked if there were only two in our party. She said Happy Anniversary and showed us to the front car! (ahead off all those people!)
This part was actually a significant part of the day for us. 5 years ago was the last time Isaac and I were at Disneyland. Instead of going to Grad Night at Disneyland for my Senior Year, we went to Raver Day instead. (At the time, Isaac and I were in to Raving {Drug Free of course} Many of our fun memories while dating were at Raves and being with "family". Ironically, 5 years later we show up on Raver Day again! We had so much fun admiring all their creative outfits throughout the day. Finally at night, one gal approached us admiring how cute we looked in our hats. I told her how cute they all looked (she was a raver) and how we went to the first Raver Day...yadda yadda...we have a kid now, and a life, don't do that anymore, then she asks "oh my gosh, do you want Reunion Beads??" I just about died! OF Course!!! She started to pull a bracelet off her arm, but an entire cuff came off! It's a beautiful 8 row cuff bead bracelet! (I could NEVER make those! haha) She said it's special cause her friend made it for her, but she wants us to have it! We were in awe of her generosity! After exchanging the PLUR handshake she placed it on my arm, and I felt like I was in highschool again :) We just had to get a photo with her :)
"Daisy", DJ Irene and "Skribblez"
Raver Day June 2004. (My fav pic of us!)
"Skribblez", "Deliria" and "Daisy"
Raver Day June 2009
When it was our turn to board the boat for Pirates of the Caribbean, the attendant also got excited that it was our anniversary! She said, "oh my gosh, do you guys want your own boat??" I took a double take. The boat before us was packed, and there was another 30 people behind us in line. Well of course we took her up on that offer! What a sweetheart! (In this pic you can see the bracelet that Deliria gave us)
So that's our fun filled weekend! I think after it all, all we can say is, it was way too short :) Next year, a week in Scotland..........:)
2 comments:
glad you had fun and happy anniversary!
What a fun post to read! Your trip sounds so amazing. We definitely need one of those. Haha. So I got married the same day as you! To you know who. That's craazy! Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment